Monday, April 13, 2015

Sunny Days are here again


The Sun is shining very brightly nowdays- perfect time to bring out my solar cooker. I have this ‘Tulsi’ solar cooker. I have to lug it to the terrace and set it for cooking.

my solar cooker

ready to go into the solar cooker


The first thing I did was to cook a kg of raw mangoes to make kairi panha. I find the solar cooker eminently suited for this preparation.

The slow cooking brings out delicious flavor. And it is easier to fit in my schedule, I can pick it up when I return from work. By that time, its cooked, cooled and ready for the next stage. And after straining and mixing with jaggery it will go back in cooker tomorrow for simmering. Day after tomorrow kairi panha concentrate will be ready!
Sun- made Panha is delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment